Maponics LLC improves search and discovery by serving the spatial data needs of real estate companies, direct marketers, and SoLoMo (Social, Local, and Mobile) companies. Located in White River Junction, Vermont, we work behind the scenes for many of the biggest brands in the world.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Product. The Director of Marketing will lead and grow an existing marketing team and will be responsible for the company’s brand, image and communications, product marketing, and demand generation activities.
This position provides oversight of the Marketing Department providing vision and planning that align with the strategic goals of the company. The Director ensures execution of goals and objectives they defined as supporting the strategic goals.
- Cultivate, develop, maintain, and communicate the company’s marketing plan, including the vision, mission, and execution plans for the department, which includes established results, metrics, and timelines for:
- Brand, positioning, and corporate communications.
- Public relations, social media, blogging, and marketing communications including outreach and market assessment.
- Demand generation, including marketing automation, advertising, SEO, events, campaigning, nurturing, and promotion.
- Web, mobile, demo applications, creative design, and content development.
- Product marketing and release communication supported by the activities outlined above.
- Sales tools and channel support including partner programs.
- Create and manage annual labor and expense budgets, oversee monthly marketing expenditures with vendors, and ensure on-target budget performance.
- Specify roles and responsibilities, recruit, and retain internal talent and vendors for required skills and execution of the marketing plan.
- Develop measurable and results-oriented quarterly department objectives derived from the company strategic plan.
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables in parallel, while meeting deadlines with consistency.
- Provide proactive solutions to internal and external problems that may affect department or strategic goals.
- Provide demonstrated leadership to the organization around customers, prospects, and target markets.
- Manage direct reports according to company performance management systems, utilizing management tools developed for the company.
- Motivate and manage a staff of direct reports and outside vendors, including weekly direction, performance management, teambuilding, training, and skills enhancement.
- Ensure that all activities by the team and by individuals have specific objectives with owners, deadlines, and measurements.
- Manage current staff for maximal performance and professional growth.
- Manage outsourced marketing suppliers for maximal ROI.
- Evaluate staffing and hiring requirements within the Marketing Department.
- Conduct analysis, review market and internal data, determine marketing programs priority and focus to set measurable targets for all activities, report on results achieved.
- Lead assessments of competition, successful prospect sources, and lost opportunities.
- Oversee marketing automation systems, develop reporting requirements, automate reporting and department/program metrics.
- Manage the company brand and communications including the website, phone experience, outreach communication.
- Develop customer and target client value-based engagement plans in conjunction with sales and execute on predefined objectives.
- Hands-on execution of all marketing activities not delegated to other marketing staff.
- Participate in company strategy development with the executive team.
- Execute other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Marketing and Product.
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience in a similar role.
- Ability to motivate large groups and build teams.
- Proactive work ethic (rather than reactive).
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to apply these to new situations.
- Experience managing others and coordinating work efforts with external vendors and contractors to meet objectives on time and within budget.
- A combination of previous sales, product marketing, and marketing programs/communications experience is essential.
- Obsession with measurement – including experience and dedication to calculating the projected and actual ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated budget management experience and past budget authority of at least $250,000 (non-salary expenditures).
- Creative, high positive energy, self-starter with strong organizational skills & proven ability to execute.
- Possess a portfolio of past work required with application, delineating which were done by self vs. done as part of a team effort.
- Previous experience managing a professional staff, demonstrated by that staff meeting or exceeding their objectives.
- Specific experience with all areas listed under the key responsibilities, and having “expert” status in at least 5 of those areas.
- Strong computer technical skills – beyond just email, Word, PowerPoint, marketing software – to include understanding of how APIs work, CMSs, email management systems (like Constant Contact), and other technology used by our customers.
- A history of improving results through testing, measurement, and optimization.
- A passion for the high-tech industry, marketing, and sales.
- Demonstrable track record of success in leading marketing teams and effectively working with sales and operating teams.
- Demonstrates ownership of responsibility.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- GIS Industry experience a plus.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Availability to work on site 5 days a week; willingness to travel as needed.
- Strong internal communication skills.
- Ability to identify, create, and document procedures and processes.
- Exceptional sales and marketing writing skills.
- Exceptional sales and marketing presentation skills.
- Marketing B.S. degree, MBA preferred.
Compensation Structure: Full time, salaried, exempt. Full benefits are available: quarterly profit sharing, health/dental/vision/prescription plans, company-matching retirement plan, disability insurance, paid vacations/holidays, community service days, flexible hours and other benefits that are in place at time of hire.
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should document your citizenship and salary requirements.