Maponics improves search, discovery, and business analytics by serving the spatial data needs of real estate companies and SoLoMo (Social, Local, and Mobile) companies, among other industries. We work behind the scenes for many of the biggest brands in the world.
Maponics employees are eligible for our medical/dental/prescription plan, profit sharing, community service days, retirement plan, disability plan, paid vacation and holidays. We are located in White River Junction, VT, in the Upper Valley of the Connecticut River - a scenic area in Vermont and New Hampshire - with excellent schools, outdoor activities, and easy access to Boston and Montreal.
The Senior Manager / Director of Marketing will be responsible for the Maponics marketing plan and the marketing team: defining, executing, and reporting on all Marketing initiatives for the company. With respect, please do not apply if you do not meet the criteria below - we will not reply to clearly unqualified applicants. This opening can be filled at either a Senior Manager or Director level based upon experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility, all of which shall have metrics and timelines established within the first 60 days of hire:
1. Manage the current Marketing Team
- Ensure that all activities by the team and by individuals have specific objectives with owners, deadlines, and measurements
- Many of the items listed in the Marketing Plan section below already have staff who handle
- Manage current staff for maximal performance and professional growth
- Manage outsourced marketing suppliers for maximal ROI
- Evaluate staffing and hiring requirements within the Marketing Department
2. Hands-on writing and production of campaign deliverables including: press releases, emails, social media posts, sales tools, company blog, web site copy, etc.
3. Hands-on execution of all marketing activities not delegated to other marketing staff.
4. Develop, own, and report on the Marketing Plan that addresses
- Qualified Lead Generation
- Manage lead conversion tracking and success metrics for both online and offline campaigns
- As needed, conduct direct lead gen
- Positioning company and products
- Articulate company and product positioning and messaging across our key market segments to increase revenue and market penetration
- Continually optimize for organic SEO
- Reorganize for clearer navigation and better positioning of Maponics' value proposition
- Public Relations
- Press (national, and to some extent local)
- Managing our speaking and other industry-related representation
- Profitable PPC
- Other advertising
- Social media marketing - Using social media to expand our sales
- Marketing communications (external) - Email campaigns, newsletters, sales tools
- Budget - Manage department budget
5. Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Marketing B.S. degree, MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of related professional experience in a B2B environment
- Exceptional sales and marketing writing skills
- Obsession with measurement - including experience and dedication to calculating the projected and actual ROI of marketing initiatives
- Demonstrable track record of success in leading Marketing teams (demonstrated by that staff meeting or exceeding their objectives) and effectively working with Sales and Operating teams
- Past budget authority of at least $100,000 (non-salary expenditures)
- Success managing vendors to meet objectives on time and within budget
- Creative, high positive energy, self-starter with strong organizational skills, & proven ability to execute
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Portfolio of past work required with application, delineating which were done by self vs. done as part of a team effort
- Strong computer technical skills - beyond just email, Word, PowerPoint, marketing software - to include understanding of how APIs work, CMSs, email management systems (like Constant Contact), and other technology used by our customers
- A history of improving results through testing, measurement and optimization
- Availability to work on site 5 days a week; willingness to travel as needed
Also desirable, but not required:
- GIS Industry experience
- Channel/partner marketing experience
- Product marketing knowledge and hands-on experience
We will know this role is being performed well when:
- Quarterly lead gen, revenue, ROI and other agreed upon Marketing Department targets are being met.
- There is an expanding and semi-automated qualified lead funnel that allows Maponics revenue to grow through "order takers" rather than requiring additional sales execs.
- The day to day business of marketing runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Marketing staff members know what is expected of them and are expanding responsibilities, and scaling performance.
- The executive team has the timely and accurate information it requires to manage the company.
- The quantitative results needed to measure the success of the department and specific initiatives are readily available.
and when this employee:
- Understands our products and is able to communicate their benefits to the market place through ROI-positive marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding (through results) that the best marketing leads to increased revenues; branding or awareness are simply means to an end;
- Is bringing new, market based trends to the executive team;
- Meets annual, quarterly, and project goals;
- Has the confidence of coworkers and employees;
- Demonstrates high commitment and initiative in seeking out solutions to marketing challenges;
- Functions with a high level of professional autonomy;
- Contributes to the positive morale of all employees, helping them feel connected and motivated to achieve the strategic objectives of the company.
All employees are measured by results and initiative as described in "Maponics Annual Review Form".
Compensation Structure: This position pays a base salary commensurate with experience and includes a performance-based bonus framework. Benefits are available: health/dental/vision/prescription plans, company-matching retirement plan, disability insurance, paid vacations/holidays, community service days, flexible hours and more. Eligible for quarterly profit sharing.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Your cover letter should document your citizenship and salary requirements.