This position is responsible for the development and creation of spatial and non-spatial databases in direct support of Maponics' product lines. Applicant should be capable of building and executing processes to transform and load spatial data as well as creating and maintaining supporting documentation.
A minimum of 3 years' experience working with and manipulating spatial and non-spatial data is required. Additionally a qualified candidate should have solid experience with at least 3 of the following: SQL, Python, FME, ESRI Software (or another GIS equivalent), PostgreSQL, and PostGIS.
Data Asset Development and Management
- Writes, modifies and executes scripts to extract, transform and load spatial data
- Develops automated procedures that improve process efficiency and quality
- Improves existing production and product creation systems through increased automation
- Prepares and executes data extraction tools that produce production data feeds
- Assists in writing and optimizing SQL queries for analysis and production
- Develops and implements QA/QC procedures and reporting tools
- Creates and maintains metadata for internal use
- Assists with database maintenance including backups/restores, data migration, export/import of data, etc.
- Develops and implements database queries (SQL)
Spatial Data Product Fulfillment
- Writes and executes processes and tools to create standard and custom products
- Visually and programmatically inspects final output before shipping
- Creates, maintains, and executes automated procedures for product creation
- Develops and runs production systems in support of custom products
- Demonstrated project leadership - followers need not apply
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of GIS technology and spatial data environments
- A minimum of 3 years mapping experience utilizing commercial GIS and mapping (MapInfo, ESRI)tools
- Bachelor's degree or higher in GIS, geography, computer science or related area is required
- Proficiency in, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server is a plus
- Experience with manipulating and integrating large spatial and non-spatial databases (e.g. TIGER, municipal data, etc.)
- The ability to manage complex projects from beginning through to completion
- Ability to define and integrate QA/QC techniques into production processes.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to learn are a must
- Must be able to manage time well in a fast-paced team environment in order to achieve objectives
- Programming/Scripting experience (Python, Java, VB MapBasic, MS Access)
- Experience with FME is a strong plus
Salaried, exempt. Full benefits are available: quarterly profit sharing, health, dental, vision, prescription plans, company-matching retirement plan, disability insurance, paid vacations/holidays, community service days, flexible hours and more.