Maponics ZIP Code Data Quickly Becoming New Industry Standard
Monster.com, Zillow.com, Lowe's and CenterPoint Energy Latest to Choose Maponics for Postal Map Data
NORWICH, Vt. - Maponics, which launched an expanded suite of ZIP Code data products in July, announced four of the latest companies to choose Maponics as their postal data provider today: Monster.com ®, Zillow.com ®, Lowe's ® and CenterPoint Energy ®. These businesses join the broad range of existing Maponics postal data users which span industries from local search to direct marketing, social media and entertainment, and include companies like D&B ® (Dunn & Bradstreet), Pitney Bowes MapInfo ®, and HelloMetro ®.
"We have been amazed at the response to the launch of our expanded ZIP Code data suite, and are excited to partner with the new customers we are announcing today," said Darrin Clement, CEO of Maponics. "There has been a real need for a supplier that combines accuracy and completeness with a long-term dedication to postal product lines. We've been providing ZIP Code and related map products for almost a decade and are committed to supporting our postal data customers for years to come."
With over 200 million deliverable addresses in the U.S., creating postal boundaries that accurately capture the ZIP Code for each one is a science. "Because of the enormous resources required, many companies take shortcuts," explains Steve Zuckerman, VP of technical operations. "They over-generalize boundaries by dropping ZIP Codes that are hard to map. Or they don't follow roads, as evidenced by ZIP Code boundary lines that criss-cross streets. Some other providers even give single address point ZIP Codes non-existent polygonal boundaries. Maponics doesn't cut corners. Our strict data creation methodology ensures that Maponics ZIP Code Boundaries accurately captures all ZIP Codes, not just those that are easy to map."
Some additional key benefits of the Maponics ZIP Code data suite include:
- Each postal dataset is compatible with both public street databases and commercial navigation-based street networks.
- All postal datasets are CASS Certification compatible, meaning that Maponics uses the same deliverable address definitions to create its postal boundaries that the U.S. Postal Service uses in its CASS Certification process.
- Since 2003, Maponics has been the place USPS.com refers businesses to for postal maps, data and information. Maponics also counts many mailing industry giants as clients, including DHL ®, UPS ®, the U.S. Postal Service ® and FedEX ®.
- Maponics is the only ZIP Code data provider to also offer all datasets via an API (the Maponics Spatial API), including ZIP Code and carrier route boundary data.
- All Maponics postal data is available for file delivery in a wide range of formats so that it integrates easily with ESRI ®, Pitney Bowes MapInfo, Oracle ™, SAP ™ and many other GIS, database and web applications.
Specific ZIP Code datasets available include: 5-digit ZIP Code boundaries, ZIP+4 data (9-digit ZIP Code data), postal carrier route boundaries, neighborhood-to-ZIP Code correspondence data and custom postal datasets.
Companies believing they would benefit from access to Maponics ZIP Code data should contact Mark Friend, VP of sales and marketing at 800.762.5158 or email@example.com.
Maponics specializes in location-based data and information for businesses, including neighborhood, ZIP Code and carrier route boundaries. Local search, real estate, mobile, social media and marketing firms rely on Maponics to power ultra-local interactive search, mapping, and ad targeting platforms, including Monster.com, Zillow.com, Lowe's, CenterPoint Energy, Google ®, Trulia ®, Citysearch ®, Yellow Book USA ®, infoUSA ® , D&B, Dominion Enterprises ® (eNeighborhoods ® and Homes.com ®), AccuData ®, Zvents ®, HelloMetro, CitySquares ®, Loopt ® and many others. The Maponics Online Store, powered by Maponics data, is where the USPS.com refers its business customers for postal maps. The company is located in Norwich, Vermont. Additional information can be found at
Maponics and/or other noted Maponics related products contained herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Maponics, LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks herein are the sole property of their respective owners. (C) 2009 Maponics, LLC. All rights reserved.