School Boundaries Q4 Release
Looking for specific topics?
Try sorting by categories
Or, view our archive
We are excited to announce the latest release of our School Boundaries product—the most comprehensive school data available and the only one to include school attendance zones. Customers will notice significant coverage expansion in locally-sourced school attendance areas as well as a number of other valuable enhancements. See details below.
- Coverage of locally-sourced school attendance zones (SAZ) has increased significantly. In this release, the percentage of student population represented by the areas with SAZ-level coverage has increased from 40% to 60%. Coverage was expanded in thousands of new cities, including Dallas, TX and Nashville, TN. As of the 1.10.4 release, SAZ-level coverage is included in nearly 7,500 cities and towns across 49 states and Washington, D.C.
- School District Website URLs have been added to enable quick links to detailed district-level resources.
- Additional attributes were added to the School District Boundaries table to provide more district level reference information including:
- District Type (unified, elementary or secondary)
- Number of Schools within a District
- District Student Enrollment
- A Color code field was added to both the School District Boundaries and School Attendance Zone tables for display purposes
Enjoy and feel free to post comments.