Technical Support Specialist (TSS)
Technical Support Specialists (TSS)
Maponics LLC, improves search and discovery by serving the spatial data needs of real estate companies, direct marketers, and SoLoMo (Social, Local, and Mobile) companies. We work behind the scenes for many of the biggest brands in the world.
Do you love interacting with customers and solving technical problems? Can you spot opportunities when working with salespeople that they might miss, based on your knowledge of spatial data? If you take customer happiness and solution selling seriously, you’ll get to combine your sales, support, and technical skills in this role.
This position reports to the Manager of Customer Service and will be based primarily in the White River Junction, VT headquarters. Main responsibilities include pre-sales and post-sales technical support to ensure that customers and prospects have an exceptionally positive experience with Maponics throughout their relationship with us, assisting the Manager of Customer Service with Customer Success Outreach efforts, as well as supporting account executives on selling additional offerings to customers who need them.
- As directed by Manager of Customer Service, serves as primary, pre-sales technical resource for clients, prospects, and account execs.
- Serves as primary for Customer Success Program.
- Serves as secondary, post-sales technical support for clients.
- Respond to assigned customer inquiries within 2 hrs initially, identifying yourself as the person who will help, and indicating expected resolution path and timing.
- Maintains effective communications with clients, prospects and sales staff.
- Delivers high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Troubleshoot pre-sales and post-sales technical issues identified by clients, prospects and internal staff.
- Ensures that post sales, customers implement Maponics data quickly and efficiently.
- Maintains relationships with key account stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
- Utilizes salesforce.com to maintain accurate contact management logs.
- Utilizes customer support tracking software to maintain accurate trouble tickets and resolution and reporting.
- Networks internally to obtain answers to customer inquiries.
- Effectively supports Sales Team in presentations and proposals.
- Supports key indirect sales partners as needed.
- Responds to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Conveys new customer requirements to Product Management team.
- Delivers product training to customers.
- Experience in a start-up or small company in the market of emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS/Geography or programming and/or at least three (3) years of experience in a Technical Support Specialist or equivalent role supporting customers and selling high-tech products.
- Possesses ample skill with SQL related to spatial data.
- Possesses ample skill with GIS such as Arcmap or QGIS.
- Embraces the challenge of meeting new people, and making a connection.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks across functional areas.
- Ability to work in a team environment and support multiple stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an innovative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in person and remote presentation/demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Expert in problem solving and responding to technical questions.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the capabilities of the Maponics products.
- Must demonstrate a willingness and ability to leverage various software, GIS tools and best practices to effectively identify opportunities to grow new revenue.
- Learner – Desire for continuous learning & improvement
- Positivity – Ability to infect other with enthusiasm & excitement
- Restorative – Adept at problem solving
- Strategic – Create alternative paths to success
Desired Skills and behaviors
- Follow Maponics policies and procedures
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Mission focus/priority setting
- Demonstrates technical expertise
- Ensures accuracy of output
- Appropriate attendance and participation
- Demonstrates ownership of responsibility
- Adapts to change
Compensation Structure: This position will pay a base salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health/dental/vision/prescription plans, company-matching retirement plan, paid vacations/holidays, community service days, flexible hours and more.