Content Marketing Specialist
Content Marketing Specialist
Maponics LLC is looking for a motivated, creative thinker with excellent writing skills and strong knowledge of search marketing techniques and best practices, including hands-on experience with search engine optimization (SEO). We are a highly focused and fast-growing spatial data company that specializes in mapping areas and populations of interest. The right candidate will need to jump in with both feet to help drive traffic and leads and further build the Maponics brand.
This position reports to the Director of Brand Strategy. The Content Marketing Specialist will be a member of the marketing team and will have a set of primary responsibilities revolved around writing and producing various types of content regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skill and is at the core of the marketing team. Others will rely on your work every single day.
• Writing various types of content spanning a wide range of topics for our blog, website, sales efforts, etc. You will create resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include eBooks, whitepapers, info graphics, guides, templates, etc.).
• Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote Maponics products and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
• Identifying areas for growth and improvement in site structure, keyword selection, content development, and on-page optimization.
• Brainstorming and developing creative content designed to attract links and new readers as well as drive qualified leads.
• Social media marketing efforts including updating and maintaining our Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn presences.
• Monitoring brand mentions
• Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
• Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
• Growing blog subscribers, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
• BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
• 2-3 years content marketing experience
• Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
• Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
• Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
• A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
• Experience with B2B marketing is a plus
• Knowledge of HTML and content management systems. Experience with the Drupal CMS is a plus