Product Manager - Marketing
Engaging today’s customer and prospect requires a combination of deep market understanding, and deep product knowledge. As a product-marketing specialist for Maponics you will be responsible for telling the world (which includes the internal team) the story behind our products. You will be expected to be the chief advocate for the features and benefits of the product portfolio. You will be the expert in our targeted buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will work with sales to deepen that knowledge.
This position reports to the Director of Brand Strategy and Marketing Operations. This position requires close interaction with technical and operational product management, marketing, sales, and both internal/external stakeholders. Strong communication skills are a must.
Product Positioning – plan, develop, execute and maintain product positioning and messaging that differentiate Maponics products in the market
Sales Enablement – communicates the value proposition, develop and maintain sales tools and collateral to support the selling process of Maponics products.
Go-to-Market and End-of-Life Planning – plan and execute product life cycle from launch to end-of-life of products, and will manage cross-departmental communication and execution of the plan. You will be actively involved with ongoing product rational, strategy and development, roadmap definition and monitoring. You will work with sales, marketing and senior management in the development of product goals, strategy and positioning. You will create and manage quarterly expense budgets related to GTM strategy, oversee monthly product marketing expenditures with vendors and ensure on target budget performance.
Market Research and Competitive Intelligence – Owns development of buyer personas and defining overall market needs. Is abreast of trends in the marketplace. Is an expert on Maponics competition. Gathers, analyzes and distributes intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers for business decision-making, helping to develop innovative solutions and actionable recommendations.
Define and manage go-to-market budget by working with sales, management and finance to define and execute the go-to-market expenses using Maponics budgeting and forecasting processes.
• 3+ years of experience in the GIS field. Product-related project management and marketing experience preferred.
• B2B Customer management and support experience
• Product line life cycle experience including exposure to strategic planning and ownership of tactical activities
• Bachelor’s in business, marketing, GIS, engineering, or geography.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel (Less than 10%)
• Excellent people and management skills. Must interact with staff, customers, colleagues, cross-functional teams, management, and partners with ease.
• The ability Manage multiple projects and deliverables in parallel while meeting deadlines with consistency
• Ability to present effectively in front of large groups, and at conferences or webinars Ability to document procedures and processes Prepared to work independently and able take project ownership Proactive work ethic (rather than reactive) Ability to plan, manage, and adhere to annual budget
Salaried, exempt. Full benefits available including but not limited to; revenue-based bonus plan, health/dental/vision, company-matching retirement plan, disability insurance, paid vacations/holidays, and paid community service days.